Breast surgery is used for the surgical treatment of benign diseases and breast cancer. Depending on each case a more or less conservative surgery is used.
It is very important a preventive study for the earliest possible diagnosis of any injury. Our high resolution clinic is aimed at this purpose.
In women where a single small tumor tissue that contains cancer is found, it is removed together with some surrounding tissue in order to perform a conservative surgery or quadrantectomy. This surgery is complemented by the study of the sentinel lymph node or radiotherapy.
On the other hand, mastectomy is a more aggressive surgery where the entire breast is removed. This surgery is applicable when the tumor is large or in women who want to avoid follow-up and radiotherapy sessions. It is recommended that we always associate this surgery to a technique of reconstruction using prosthesis or the patient’s own tissue.
Among the most common techniques are:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Tumorectomy and mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction after or at the same time we are performing a mastectomy
- Breast QuadrantectomyIt involves removing a quarter of the breast. It is performed in cases where the tumor is small.
- Breast ReconstructionThis surgery is used to reconstruct the breast that has been operated.
- Sentinel Node BiopsySurgical procedure in which the first node that receives lymphatic drainage is removed and examined.