Coloproctology is a subspecialty of general surgery that is used to give diagnostic and surgical- medical treatment for colon, rectum and anus diseases.
Among the most common diseases in this area we find:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Colon diverticula
- Anal fissure
- Anal fistulas
- Rectal prolapse and defecation disturbances
- Intestine tumors
- Anal FissureThe most commonly used technique is the sphincterotomy. With a cut, it allows reducing sphincter contractions.
- Anal fistulaFistulectomy or fistulotomy is the operation that solves this problem.
- Sacrococcygeal fistulaThis surgical treatment involves the removal of the cyst and the tissue affected by the fistula tract.
- HemorrhoidectomyIt consists in making small incisions in the skin around the anus, looking for the vein root that causes the dilatation of the hemorrhoid.
- Rectal ProlapseIt occurs when the tissue that lines the rectum protrudes through the anus.
- Varicose veinsVaricose veins are dilated veins unable to make a good return of blood to the heart.
- AppendectomyIt is the surgical technique by which the infected appendix is removed.
- Cytoreductive with ChemotherapyThis technique is indicated in selected patients with cancer spread within the abdomen.
- Subtotal ColectomyIt is the surgical technique by which part of the colon is removed.
- Laparoscopic Subtotal ColectomyIt is the surgical technique by which part of the colon is removed by laparoscopic surgery.
- HAL-RAR Hemorrhoidectomy
- Pilonidal SinusThis surgical treatment involves the removal of the cyst and the tissue affected by the fistula tract.